Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

#78 - A Wedding in December - Anita Shreve




Title:   A Wedding in December
Author:  Anita Shreve
Genre:  Fiction
Read by:  Linda Emond
Publisher/Date:  Time Warner Audio Books/2005
Dates listened to:   12/11/17 - 12/19/17
Downloadable Audiobook:  10 hours
ISBN:  1594832579

Anita Shreve, at one time, was my favorite author and then I must have tired of her or was diverted elsewhere.  In my quest to find a December book I came across this one in which she tells a story within the story, something which I didn’t at first quite catch on to as I listened!  

I liked what Agnes, the character who was writing the book within this story said, “What was the point of fiction … if not to edit reality, if not to re-write history, if not to soothe one’s fevered dreams.”  The story Agnes was writing paralleled her own life.  And it is this quote upon which much of fiction hangs and, in the case of Shreve's books, makes for such a great love story!

No comments: