Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

#57 - If not for you - Bob Dylan






Title:  If not for you
Author:  Bob Dylan
Pictures by:  David Walker
Genre:  Kid Picture Book
Publisher/Date:   Atheneum Books for Young Readers/2016
ISBN:   978-1-4516-4881-2
Date read: 9/6/17

I was browsing for a second book by Bob Dylan purposefully ignoring volume two of his Chronicles.  Instead a found a kids’ picture book of his song from 1970.  David Walker interprets the lyrics as portraying the bottomless love between parent and child.  I intended to read the book to granddaughter.  When I began reading I choked up and tears betrayed my voice.  Handing the book to my grandchild I asked the nine year old to please read it to me.  She promptly obeyed.  I shared that they were happy tears and asked her if she ever cried happy tears and she answered “not often.”  

Though I don’t remember the song I need only know that the words she read sang in my heart and the pictures spoke to my soul.

No comments: