Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#87 - Jesus Today - Sarah Young



#87
Title:  Jesus Today
Author:   Sarah Young
Genre:  Spiritual
Category:  Non-Fiction
Rating:  B
Published:  2012
Dates:  1/1/15 – 12/30/15
Pages:  363

This daily devotional fit the bill for me this year.  Written during a critical three year period in the life of the author, Sarah Young, passes on her expertise in the area of reaching into our souls.  And my soul certainly needed to hear what she had to say.  I particularly paid attention to the action words so that I could try to practically apply what she had to say about hope, encouragement and what it takes to boost your day.  Each evening I would read the message and supporting Biblical verses and then journal what I’d read and what action I could take to implement an important element.  For example, one day I read her message based upon John 1:5, “I am the light that shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it and it never will!”  Some action words she offered that helped me, as though Jesus were speaking to me, were “stop everything and pour out your heart to Me.  Carve out some time and space to talk with Me about your problems and your feelings.  Let Me help you carry your burdens and show you the way forward.”  Not only were these words comforting to me, by actually doing what was asked helped me get through days and weeks of despair, tears and sorrow and actually learning to trust and give my concerns to Him.  This book is a keeper that I can use anytime.  Thank you Jesus for speaking so clearly to me through Sarah Young.

No comments: